Wednesday, May 25, 2011

First day at rcl

Forget all the things I have said abt yanam, 'cos at the end of the day all we felt was the need to run away from this place. We had to wait from 7 30 to 8 15 for the prtc bus to take us to the bus station. 10 min walk from there took us to the company. After 2 hr wait at the training hall, at 11 we were taken around the industry and briefed about the production process. The reason I made the first statement of the post is that, although this whole thing took just an hour, we were sweating profusely, n the heat was unbearable. We wanted to go the accom and have some rest, but as things always are not within our hands, we had a presentation by the president of the company later in the afternoon. So after having lunch (I am not going to forget this particular experience) we were in that training hall till 4 00. The president spoke a few words about the industry and engineering in general and an employee of rcl showed us a video of the prodn process which we had witnessed earlier. 

Finally at 5 we made our way back to the accom. After reaching I literally fell on my bed. The house has a very good view of godavari river. The evening passed without much of an event.

The downsides of being in yanam are the food and transportation, the first one being major. Food is horrible in some places. Coming to the weather, you have to have a hand kerchief and a packet of tissues. Bath atleast twice a day.

However, people here are very hospitable. Personally I haven't seen it anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment