I started late (it happens with most girls), at 2:30. My parents and my cousin dropped me at the bus station. I had 2 hr bus journey before I reached destination x. It was very hot and I felt as if I was near some hot body. At 4:30 I reached x and a friend of my parents’ picked me up and took me to y.
We took the shortest route, one with much less traffic (‘cos of bad roads); so it didn’t really matter as it took us 2 hr from there. I enjoyed this particular ride ‘cos there isn’t much of sun (the ac took care of coolness), it was practically evening by that time. Most importantly we travelled through villages full of greenery; coconut and banana plantations, paddy fields with occasional brick kilns in between.
I was looking out of the window the whole time. I was overwhelmed. The life in these places is in contrast with the city life we are getting used to. To be frank I don’t know much about life in villages but I do feel, staying there would be more peaceful n one would be happier. It does have its downsides. As my mom says ‘the grass is always greener on the other side’; she f eels the lack of educational and medical facilities doesn’t make it any better. We are fastly adopting the western culture and getting used to city life. But are we truly happy and satisfied? Do you think all the modern amenities are making life easier for us? Aren’t we getting stressed up n spoiling our health (medical facilities come into pic then)? The life expectancy rate isn’t increasing at the expected rate; India’s life expectancy is still around 64. As it is apparent, villages aren’t developing since everyone wants to get out but not to stay there. No one wants to teach there or work there. The cancellation of rural service from the medical curriculum is enough to say this.
Okay, enough with all this talk; what I mean is that can we lead a life with the advancement of cities and peace of villages?
The accommodation provided at the film institute is good. Ac is not required as Godavari is flowing on the other side of the road. It is like a farm house; with coconut trees all around. On the whole it is very comfortable.
No comments:
Post a Comment