Thursday, December 9, 2010

Post exam babble

I watched the rising sun through my window thinking about the exam scheduled later today. Even with the assurances Winnie gave me I was worried. My preparation hasn’t gone well. I didn’t even look at 3 chapters of the total 10 chapters. With tension overpowering me I made my way to the exam hall. All my petty sentiments were working in my favor. So I expected a moderate performance.

But all my hopes crashed after seeing the question paper in the invigilator’s hand. No objective, 3hr subjective paper for 120marks. I was banking on the objective component. After going through the paper I felt I could answer 88 marks, they were from the 7 chapters I have read. But at the end of 3 hrs I couldn’t solve even one question fully. This would make its way into my top ten worse exams.

Worse of all is adelpha telling me the correct answers of each question thereby reminding me that I have done them wrong.  I can now understand why people often say that one shouldn’t have any sort of expectations. My precompre total was pretty good; I was expecting an A grade in this course, but with my pathetic performance in the final and the most important component, only God can save me now.

P.S: I am sure I would say the same with my next exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment