Saturday, February 26, 2011

A lazy Saturday afternoon


I had my ams exam in the morning. Of course that is the only thing I did today apart from having breakfast and lunch. Any ways I have a series of exams lined in the next week but it hurts to open a text book. So, I am writing this.

I am very happy that ams test 2 is finally over. I gave the exam without much preparation, which definitely rules out the possibility of an a grade. So if I work like an ass in this course topping the remaining 2 tests I may end up with b. Anyways, its one of my least favorite courses this sem, I did gladly exchange for 2 other courses. Sadly I can’t do it ‘cos what is a chemistry major without studying quantum chemistry, so I got to study it this sem, n the sem after that.

I do have completely diverse opinions about the same thing. Like choosing mechanical engineering and not wanting to study fluid mechanics. Transport phenomena is one hell of a course. Finally electrical sciences 2, I just drift in and out of sleep in that class.

I had to specially mention measurement techniques 2. We just completed the non EEE cycle. I am definitely not looking forward to EEE. Non EEE was fun, according to the input from friends I am sure EEE would be just the opposite.

Enough of chattering. I had a dream last week, in which a person whom I fairly know committed suicide. I am actually a little scared when it comes to these issues. But I sometimes wonder how can one be so courageous and stupid at the same time to end their lives. Don’t they think of the consequences, what it would do to those who care about them.  I had some experience with an acquaintance committing suicide for a reason which I perceive to be not strong enough or even silly. I feel its rebelliousness and superiority which drives one to these extremes. We are not the centre of the universe afterall.

p.s.: come what may please don’t do anything stupid. 

1 comment:

  1. "..hurts to open a book" So true! its like more than physical pain.
    As to the dream part, you know such death dreams are interpreted as good. If someone you know dies or commits suicide, it means that person is gonna rediscover themselves and that something good will happen. If they die in fire, all the more better. At least this is the version I remember :D
    I remember this funny quote wrt suicides.. "Suicide is the most sincere form of self criticism"-some cynic. I guess sometimes when their lives are careening out of control as is wont to happen, losers think they can take back control only by showing the world that their life is still in their hands.. It IS stupidity in the extreme coz once they succeed, their life and ultimately death serve no meaning but as a lesson to others and that's a sad way to be remembered.

    ReplyDelete