Friday, February 11, 2011

Non verbal communication


“Nobility and dignity; self-abasement and servility, insolence and vulgarity, are reflected in the face and in the attitudes of the body whether still or in motion”.

It is generally accepted that non verbal cues have more impact than verbal cues. I agree. But verbal cues can be concealed easily when compared to nonverbal counterparts. Does that mean non verbal cues are more genuine?

Looks can be deceiving. Generally people say ‘first impression is the best impression’. In general first impressions are not the right impressions I feel. At least in most of the cases. My first assessment of adelpha has been completely opposite to her personality; she too says the same thing with me. Anyways my point is can we judge a person by just his outward behavior?

Acting indifferent is easy don’t u think? I thought so earlier but now I came to the conclusion that it is not as easy as it appears. The more we become involved and captivated by others the more difficult it becomes. I had a discussion with one of my friends about whether it is necessary to express our feelings, she like me is of the opinion that its not required.

But not everyone is of the same opinion. I had some bitter experiences due to my inability to express things properly both verbally and nonverbally. So I guess its important to understand the situation and decide upon whether to express our emotions or to act indifferent.

No comments:

Post a Comment