I always
thought I would feel different on my twenty second birthday; I mean I have completely
21 years of my life and now an adult in every way. But alas, it was like every other
one (a few differences, nothing to do with age though).
I was vella like
every other bday I celebrated during BITS, but I did treat myself with
delicious pizza and mushrooms. The main difference is that I got to spend the
day away from family; this is the first (and definitely not the last) one where
I was not with my family, and was at BITS. The campus was all lovely like ever,
with the wild flowers all around and the constant wind.
I felt like an adult
because I got to choose how I spend my day. Normally my family decides my schedule,
but this time I had a blast; slept till noon, and went out for the evening. As always
I was depressed though, because I am growing up and I don’t want to. I may
sound like a petulant child, but most people would agree with me on this.
Why are birthdays so
special? Hardly anyone can remember being born to celebrate that day. Honestly,
it doesn’t really matter if one celebrates their birthday on july 29th
or august 9th. Anyways, I got this brilliant idea while having pizza
on my most important day of the year. Why not celebrate every day as a
birthday?
I do have a valid
reason for asking this question. First, birthdays are only special because we
feel they are important and cherish. We enjoy, celebrate and make sure everything
is perfect on that day. Why not do it every day. I mean, wake up with the same
euphoria, be as happy as you are on your birthday and enjoy.
I think I will try
to follow my own advice.
No comments:
Post a Comment