Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Organic Chemistry


I felt this subject deserves a post and so this one goes.

I have mixed feelings when it comes to organic chemistry. I don’t know if I like it or hate it. When we came to bphc we had a fresher’s meet, basically an interaction with seniors and the faculty. We were asked to introduce ourselves n  share something about why we took Msc. Chemistry. Most of the students including me took it because we got it. I mean we didn’t get other disciplines which we wanted (in my case msc eco). But we were in front of the director and group members, so everyone said they liked chemistry, especially organic chemistry. That was when I wondered what’s so great with organic. I used to score good marks in it but I didn’t like it to the point of taking msc chem just for it. Same thing happened an year later when juniors had fresher’s meet. They all said they like organic chem.

Chem2 was basic but coc is terrible. I liked it till t2 (my score was good in t2) but I lost my interest after t3 (10/40 with avg 14). I didn’t study any topics after that. Now as I look at my compre timetable I realize that I have just one day for both coc and tp1. One day for coc alone or tp alone is not enough. I am totally screwed. At this point my dislike for this course has become hatred.

To know about further changes in my feelings towards this course we have to wait till I get my grade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment